Hi all

it's been eight months since the last release and we currently have
accumulated some important improvements for Java9 and seem to have fixed
a serious wrapper script issue for "more traditional" Unixes.

See https://github.com/apache/ant/blob/1.9.x/WHATSNEW for 1.9.8

I think that's enough to warrant a release and would volunteer to be the
RM.

For 1.10.0 things are less clear to me. It contains all the fixes of
1.9.8 and apart from that I only see

 * New file selectors <executable>, <symlink> and <ownedBy>.

 * New task <setpermissions> that provides the ability to set POSIX
   compatible permssions via NIO's PosixFilePermission

 * AntClassLoader and its subclasses register themselves as parallel
   capable.

where <setpermissions> really only works on POSIXy file systems because
that's how NIO works.

Not sure whether we want to cut the release nevertheless, if so I'd be
willing to manage that release as well.

So what do you think?