This looks more related to how Eclipse (Ant?) plugin is doing that remote message processing for this feature of remote debugging the Ant build file. Without seeing the code related to that in the Eclipse plugin, it's hard to say what's wrong. Is it available some place and can you point us to how it deals with this communication?

Either way, I am not yet sure this is specific to Ant. Is this reproducible if you try and debug a remote Java application from eclipse with those specific versions of Java?

-Jaikiran
On Tuesday 17 January 2017 11:51 AM, Sarika Sinha wrote:

Unfortunately, I have this limited stack trace which causes missing messages while debugging an ant build file.
So the scenario is :
1. We place a breakpoint at a call3, which gets called from call2 which is invoked from call1 2. So in some scenarios, (In Eclipse term when we are running it as separate VM) the stack frames misses the call2. It shows call1 and call3. So each stack frame is basically a received message for the running ant process from VM.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarika

Inactive hide details for Jaikiran Pai ---01/17/2017 11:34:47 AM---Looking at that stacktrace, I don't know how Ant is playing Jaikiran Pai ---01/17/2017 11:34:47 AM---Looking at that stacktrace, I don't know how Ant is playing a role in any of it. Can you explain in

From: Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Date: 01/17/2017 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: Facing Issues with Ant 1.10.0

Looking at that stacktrace, I don't know how Ant is playing a role in
any of it. Can you explain in more detail what you mean by missing
breakpoints and how it relates to that stacktrace? What code are you
adding the breakpoints to? Also, that exception stacktrace doesn't look
like the complete stacktrace, can you post the complete stacktrace?

-Jaikiran