On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Kant Kodali <k...@peernova.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM, S G <sg.online.em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am not able to find any documentation on the current state of triggers
> > being production ready.
> >
> > The post at
> > http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/whats-new-in-cassandra-2-
> > 0-prototype-triggers-support
> > says that "The current implementation is experimental, and there is some
> > work to do before triggers in Cassandra can be declared final and
> > production-ready."
> >
> > So which version of Cassandra should we expect triggers to be stable
> > enough?
> > Our requirement is to develop a solution for several Cassandra users all
> > running on different versions (they won't upgrade easily) and no one is
> > using 3.5+ versions.
> > So the smallest Cassandra version which has production ready triggers
> would
> > be really good to know.
> >
> > Also any advice on common gotchas with Cassandra triggers would be great
> > know.
> >
> > Thanks
> > SG

I used them. I built do it yourself secondary indexes with them. They have
there gotchas, but so do all the secondary index implementations. Just
because datastax does not write about something. Lets see like 5 years ago
there was this: https://github.com/hmsonline/cassandra-triggers

There is a fairly large divergence to what actual users do and what other
groups 'say' actual users do in some cases.