> Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. I think the biggest
> latency win comes from we get rid of most Java garbages created by current
> read/write path and compactions, which reduces the JVM overhead and makes
> the latency to be more predictable.

I want to put this here for the record:

There are some valid points in the above about increased surface area
and end-user confusion. That said, just under six years is a long
time. I think we are a more mature project now and I completely agree
with others about the positive impacts of testability this would
inherently provide.

+1 from me.

Dikang, thank you for opening this discussion and sharing your efforts so far.