From: Jay Zhuang <jay.zhu...@yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Subject: Potential block issue for 3.0.13: schema version id mismatch while
upgrading
To: dev@cassandra.apache.org

Hi,

While upgrading to 3.0.13 we found that the schema id is changed for the
same schema. Which could cause cassandra unable to start and other issues
related to UnknownColumnFamilyException. Ticket: CASSANDRA-13559

The problem is because the order of SchemaKeyspace tables is changed. Then
the digest for the same schema is also changed:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-3.0/src/
java/org/apache/cassandra/schema/SchemaKeyspace.java#L311

I would suggest to have the older list back for digest calculation. But it
also means 3.0.13 -> 3.0.14 upgrade will have the same problem. Any
suggestion on that?

Thanks,
Jay