Hi Eduardo,

And As we are trying to build an advanced search functionality in which we
can able to do partial search based on actor, producer, director, etc.
columns.
So if we do denormalization of tables then we have to create tables such as
below :-
video_by_actor
video_by_producer
video_by_director
video_by_date
etc..
By using denormalized, Cassandra only allows us to do equality search, but
for implementing Partial search we need to implement solr on all above
tables.

This is my thinking, but I think this will be not correct way to implement
Apache Solr on all tables.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 5:11 PM, @Nandan@ <nandanpriyadarshi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Edurado,
>
> As you mentioned queries 1-6 ,
> In this condition, we have to proceed with a table like as below :-
> create table videos (
> videoid uuid primary key,
> title text,
> actor text,
> producer text,
> release_date timestamp,
> description text,
> music text,
> etc...
> );
> This table will help to store video datas based on PK videoid and will
> give uniqeness due to uuid.
> But as we know , in one movie there are multiple actor, multiple producer,
> multiple music worked, So how can we store all these.. Only one option will
> left as to use collection type columns.
>

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Eduardo Alonso <eduardoalo...@stratio.com
> > wrote:
>
>> TLDR shouldBe *PD
>>
>> Eduardo Alonso
>> Vía de las dos Castillas, 33, Ática 4, 3ª Planta
>> 28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
>> Tel: +34 91 828 6473 <+34%20918%2028%2064%2073> // www.stratio.com //
>> *@stratiobd
>> <https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*

>>> Hi Nandan:
>>>
>>> So, your system must provide these queries:
>>>
>>> 1 - SELECT video FROM ... WHERE actor = '...';
>>> 2 - SELECT video FROM ... WHERE producer = '...';
>>> 3 - SELECT video FROM ... WHERE music = '...';
>>> 4 - SELECT video FROM ... WHERE actor = '...' AND producer ='...';
>>> 5 - SELECT video FROM ... WHERE actor = '...' AND music = '...';
>>> 6 - SELECT video WHERE title CONTAINS 'Harry';
>>>

>>> For queries 1-5 you can get them with just cassandra, denormalizing
>>> tables just the way your mentioned but without solr, just cassandra
>>> (Indeed, just for equality clauses)
>>>
>>> video_by_actor;
>>> video_by_producer;
>>> video_by_music;
>>> video_by_actor_and_producer;
>>> video_by_actor_and_music;
>>>
>>> For queries number 6 you need a search engine.
>>>
>>> SOL
>>> ElasticSearch