Hi Gabriel,

> Hi Javier and Francesco!
>
> Thanks for applying the patches and setting up the jenkins builds.
> The testcase fails and the exceptions reported by javier are the exact
> same ones I also discovered on my place. So I guess, we need now some
> strategy in order to solve the problems.

> Questions which might lead to solution:
> - is cocoon really working if we only upgrade to latest 4.0.x version or
> spring, as it was stated by Leszek

We could try but AFAIK, 4.0.x version is discontinued too.

> - if yes, what are the fundamental differences between the 4.0.x and the
> 4.2.x spring lines, which make it incompatible with spring
> - Why is the AbstractProcessingPipeline getting a NPE when trying to setup
> a reader? What could be the problem in the setup which is connected to new
> behavior of Spring? Maybee the way the components (f.i. the reader) are
> instantiated by spring?

The Cocoon 2.2 is an hybrid between Spring and Avalon framework, indeed
there's a bridge class. The Spring configurator seems to work fine but,
when the Sitemap is built, the beans are been overlapping each others. If I
remember correctly there's a class that takes care of holding the Pipeline
configuration defining a new Pipeline Scope for Spring. I think that this
is a good point to start investigating because looks like these isolation
has been broken.

Sorry but I got a woke up with a cold at Sunday so I was not able to
continue investigating, I will continue this week when I can get some time
but if anybody can take a look, I think that the problem could come from my
previous explanation.

> Would be nice if someone of the original committers of C2.2 could comment
> on this!
>
> WDYT?

+1

> Thanks in advance