On 05/03/17 18:21, Matt Sicker wrote:
> I'm also thinking we might want to upgrade to Java 7 for pool 2.5 as dbcp
> 2.x has required it from the beginning. I'm not exactly sure if anything
> JDBC changed in Java 8 to warrant an upgrade to Java 8 for dbcp 2.3, but
> it's also worth mentioning if needed.

Is there any reason - apart from the age of Java 6 - to make Java 7 the
minimum for Pool?

Tomcat 8 uses DBCP 2 and Pool 2 and - because it implements parts Java
EE 7 specification, has to run on Java 7. An upgrade to Java 8 would be
an annoyance but one the Tomcat project could work around if it had to.

Mark