Hi,

thank you for looking into this.

Am 18.05.2017 um 16:46 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hi,
>
>> Am 17.05.2017 um 19:38 schrieb Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> I think that we could, as a community test of interest, say something like,
>> if Oliver wants to push out what is in trunk in the next 30 days or so (or
>> 60 or 90), we will help. I would help with odds and ends. Aside from that,
>> if no one cares enough to "do", then let's hibernate it.
>
> I’m currently having a look at the code base. There is a lot of work to do.
> I’m currently trying to fix the build to republish the website. Here are the
> things I discovered:
>
> - dependencies are out dated
> - mixture of build files: build.xml, project.xml, maven.xml, pom.xml (can we
> drop all but pom.xml?)
Yes, IMHO keeping only pom.xml should be fine.

> - missing maven plugin „maven-jellydoc-plugin“. It seems to be part of the
> code base, but the build is not configured to generate it
> - strange structure of the project with several source folders (src and
> jelly-tags)
Somehow the tag libs were treated as separate modules, but probably in a
layout compliant to Maven 1.x.

> But these are all things that can be fixed, given people find the time to
> work on this :-)

We might also think about the minimum Java version we want to support.
As the project has been unmaintained for such a long time, I assume we
are pretty free to switch to a modern version as nobody expects an update.

It might even be beneficial to switch to Java 8. I can imagine that
lambda syntax could be used in an elegant way to create simple tags.

Oliver