Hello Mark!

> So I'm trying to do this again.  I got the configure to run this time
> with just a couple WARNINGS.
> configure: WARNING:
>   * MAJOR(), MINOR() and MAKEDEV() definitions not found.
>   * If you *really* need to use device compares, and have *no* other
> way,
>   * you could try using the --enable-dev-fake option on ./configure.
> --
>
> I get these even when I use the --enable-dev-fake option.
I'll take a look at that, but I hope that you can ignore this.

> Then I run into some path/LD_LIBRARY issues that I think I resolved.
> Make runs for awhile (with a lot of warnings) and then blows up:
>      Link fsvs
> fmemopen                            fsvs.o
fmemopen() is a GNU extension ... if there's no glibc on Solaris you
might have to kill the debug_buffer option.

I'll put the check into configure in the fsvs-1.2.x branch.
Please look there from time to time ;-)

> libiconv_open                       helper.o  (symbol belongs to
> implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2)
> libiconv                            helper.o  (symbol belongs to
> implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2)
These are the conversion functions - locale to UTF8.
The libraries are found, I think ...
What does
    objdump -t /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2
give?

Regards,

Phil

--
Versioning your /etc, /home or even your whole installation?
             Try fsvs (fsvs.tigris.org)!