James,

On Dec 19, 2005, at 6:28 AM, James Strachan wrote:

Ultimately, wadi-core and ActiveSpace are complimentary technologies, both providing solutions to different areas of this problem space. WADI also contains lots of integration code to various other containers, so I am imagining a situation where a layer of WADI code integrates Geronimo, Apache Directory and ActiveSpace, all sitting on top of ActiveCluster and ActiveMQ.

FWIW I'd have preferred us to create a 'cluster' subproject at Geronimo where various different kinds of clustering & caching & state management could be unified (plus i'm not keen on WADI as a project name :) - then we can merge the code bases from ActiveCluster, ActiveSpace & WADI into modules which make sense (e.g. pessimistic locking models, optimistic locking models, caching, distributed/movable state etc.).

Can't we still do that? (if not, what is preventing it from happening and what can I/we do to work around the issues?) We could start with the merge of ActiveCluster, ActiveSpace and WADI now under the wadi project and work towards a 'clustering subproject'. IMO this makes a lot of sense. We don't want there to be two or three cluster subprojects under G.

Thoughts?

I'm all over helping make this happen so just let me know what I can do.

We are currently discussing a name change on the wadi list, your input and suggestions are very welcome! Current front runner seems to be WADI => Wadi = "a caching and high availability framework for applications" (drop the acronym but keep the name).

TTFN,

-bd-