On 2011-04-14 18:42, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
Hi I wonder if there is any documentation for new localizers on pootle, since pootle has a rather new interface, I wonder if this documentation is up to date. I also havent seen much from the TMX on this new version, I wonder if I am just missing a button or something to activate TMX. A conclusion I got talking to other localizers is that TMX only works on UI or strings with one terminology as opposed to sentences or paragraphs.
I think your confusing terms here. TMX is a file format, TM is Translation Memory, which I assume is what you are talking about. Terminology matching has nothing to do with TM or TMX.

Pootle does Terminology matching, like my previous mail said.

Pootle does not do TM live. We've been working on these features and hope to release it with future Pootle versions. We have quite a powerful TM server, it's mostly working. The interface is in alpha. It needs quite a bit more work to test the usability and reliability.

To be honest we, the developers of Pootle, need financial support to get this into the final product. If you believe its important enough then lobby Rafaella and Oracle.

For now you can do something slightly different. Download the ZIP of your translations. Import those into your offline CAT tool and now you should have TM, at least for offline use.

--
regards
Dwayne