I'm happy to announce the release of the first open source spell
checker for the Frisian language, created by Eeltje de Vries and
myself using the corpora from http://borel.slu.edu/crubadan/

Here is a myspell/hunspell package:
http://borel.slu.edu/obair/fy_NL.zip

Could this please be uploaded to the ftp.services.openoffice.org
server?  I'd be happy to add a note to the wiki once the file is in
place.

This is the 15th new spellchecker to be developed with these data, and
all of these have been made available for OOo.  If anyone knows of
minority language groups or others interested in doing this, please
let me know.  For example, I have text collections for Somali, Haitian
Creole, Hausa, Ilocano, Occitan, Tongan, Samoan, and others that are
large enough to create respectable word lists from.

Kevin