Am 19.03.2017 um 13:13 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> We need to define:
>
> * what is a bug vs what is an rfe
>
> * what are the different severities for bugs and rfes
>
> * what severity bugs block: an alpha, a beta, a full release
>
> * what do the different release types mean? (My take, alpha is not feature
> complete, beta is not free of bugs, rc is hopefully the real deal)
>
> * how do we decide when to bump major, minor and patch version numbers and
> what scope of changes should be allowed in a non-patch bump

I'd like to add

* how to commit to branches carrying the next release (master)? We are
coming from everyone just commits to master as needed. Now everyone is
creating branches and then merges that to master. Does not make much of
a difference. What I do not like is that currently no one is testing
things from branches of someone else. I am working with 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT
(3.4.0-SNAPSHOT) locally for more than a year. A lot of testing no
longer taking place the way we work with branches now. Maybe we should
create a dedicated dev or snapshot branch everyone can merge to which
then gets merged to master by some release manager when it's time to do.
Process to create a release would be something like:

- merge the snapshot/dev branch to master
- release:prepare release:perform on master
- merge the master branch with the next snapshot version back to the
snapshot/dev branch
- continue there until next release

Christian