On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:23:27 +0200, Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:

Il lun 10 apr 2017, 18:57 Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de> ha
scritto:

Hi,

On 10/04/17 17:37, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like be able to build an existing project developed for java8 by
> simple running Maven on jdk9.
>
> Actually it is not possible, I am aware of that and I am currently
> following all the news about Maven and Java9

What is not possible ? Do you have an error message / log file etc. ?

Actually I am blocked on the TreeMap issue with xstream and
maven-war-plugin.
Is there any active work on that issue?
I see it is marked as an external dep problem but on xstream issue tracker
it seems that it is not a priority

I don't see any activity either, so my idea is to replace XStream, see MWAR-397[1] But it's not that easy, classes are mixture of pojo's and business logic, which need to be separated.

Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MWAR-397

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

> So I would like to "help" in order to "get things working" as Java9 now
> reached the "Developer Preview
> <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8/milestones#definitions>
milestone"
> and a really would like to start checking all of my projects against
Java9.

> Thanks
> -- Enrico

-- Enrico Olivelli