@Jörg
I have updated the PR with your proposal of registering only a bunch of
converters.
https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/112

It is working very well (with a very simple webapp) !

I think it is the most simple solution for the Java9 problem actually. It
does not require invasive code change.

Is this a good short/mid term solution ? Can a submit a JIRA ?