Thanks Jason. This is great. For those that don't know

mvnsh is a shell environment that has a JVM with Maven constantly running so
you will get nice performance and usability improvments on the command line.
This new version is using Maven 3.5.0.

Installation is easy - extract the archive and put the bin folder on your path.

More details and filing issues and so on at

https://github.com/jdillon/mvnsh

And from my testing so far .. it rocks. Try it out!

Manfred