@Michael,

I had to override branch SUREFIRE-1366 because of some old code and
generated code had windows ending lines. Usually the branch changes <p/> to
https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/commit/5745ba135522dfe2307d67b4cf84a562fe240ac4
Sometimes a code was optimized because was reported that if statements
could be written in one line, some #equals(Object), and sometimes ignored
Javadoc on the top of class with @SuppressWarnings( { "javadoc", "
checkstyle:javadoctype" } ), POM's compiler has -Xdoclint:all, enforcer has
rule with jdk 1.8, and @see links in Javadoc with external links to Jira,
sometimes changed ">" to &gt;.