Actually I'm proposing a predictable structure on 'central :

 g...@central.maven.org:
maven2/<group-name-with-slashes-for-dots</<artifact-name>.git

(one minor fix versus previous description of the git:// location)

Or for the three separate variant:

 g...@central.maven.org:
maven2/<group-name-with-slashes-for-dots</<artifact-name>-classes.git
 g...@central.maven.org:
maven2/<group-name-with-slashes-for-dots</<artifact-name>-javadocs.git
 g...@central.maven.org:
maven2/<group-name-with-slashes-for-dots</<artifact-name>-sources.git

More likely though (as you mentioned in your opening line) is the way
homebrew works - you point at repos elsewhere, but control poms/shas etc on
'central.