So I have 27 releases of XStream unzipped and pushed to
https://github.com/paul-hammant/mc-xs-classes

(8.4M of Jars is now 2.4M of bare .git repo)

All the jars are still available - here -
https://github.com/paul-hammant/mc-xs-classes/releases

Perfect except:

   1. .zip suffix instead of .jar
   2. there's a pesky root folder inside the zip, that matches the tag name
   (GitHub's policy I guess for downloads).
   3. the signatures won't match those for the originals up on 'Central.

I want to fork (experimentally) maven-dependency-plugin (it's in Subversion
now, but the fork should be on GitHub of course), and sprinkle in some
https://github.com/zeroturnaround/zt-zip in order to (1) rename the zip on
download from GitHub, and (2) remove the root folder inside the zip without
a mechanical unzip/rezip ... then put theresult in ~/.m2/repository/ as
normal.

There's probably some pom.xml creativity needed too.

Any takers?

- Paul