On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Swapnil Daingade <
swapnil.daing...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In that case I suggest we not retire
>
> >> "Darin - yes we've done more planning internally, and we do plan on
> having some engineers spend some time on this project, doing some (minor)
> maintenance for our customers."

The problem is that there is essentially no real community that is
happening.

None of the engineers previously working on this will be working on this
now. And that sort of situation isn't going to change.

That means that it will always be a distraction to get committers qualified
as PMC so that they can approve releases and it will never really be
possible to exit from incubation.

Outside of the Apache limits, we can have a much more flexible structure of
who can commit. We don't plan to limit who can commit. In fact, we will
probably make it more open than an Apache project normally is.