Hi,

we are still verifying some fixes to identify the Beta as real beta,
means some branding elements, names etc. And we are working on some
serious bugfixes that we have identified already.

The current plan is to start the build tomorrow and do the upload over
the weekend. That means we should have a RC for AOO 4.1 beta available
at the beginning of next.

The new icons are still not complete and I am not sure how we can or
should continue here. Replacing them for the final release is probably
not a good idea.

Work remaining before beta

1) Defect verification

2) Release Notes
check, update and finalize the release notes [1]

3) Communications
Clarify the communication/promotion for the beta. For example how many
users do we want to reach with the beta.

4) Release vote

Based on this a possible schedule can be

March 4th: availability of AOO 41. Beta RC + start vote
March 10th: public availability of AOO 41. Beta (until March 31th)
...: additional snapshot builds based on the beta including showstopper
fixes
April 2th: availability of AOO 4.1 RC
April 7th: public availability of AOO 4.1

Any opinions or feedback
Juergen

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes