Hello!

I think the number of entrys should be configurable in the settings.

If you thinking in this direction I have also a suggestion.

I have the “Load URL” field visible inside the Standard tool bar. This have many advantages:
1. A very longer history.
2. AutoCompletion for URLs. (directories/file)
3. Because under Ubuntu it is impossible to open files by dragging it from the file manager to the title bar (like under Windows), I can drag the file to the URL field and hit [Enter].

But I have a wish for this:
It would be very(!) nice if I could begin to write a filename and the URL field would suggest/list the hits in the history.

I also often move my files after editing.
When I click on the list of recently opened files most of them are not
accessible any more.

For the URL field I wish it like in firefox:
scroll to the desired entry and press ([Shift]+)[Del].

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Deleting_autocomplete_entries

Regards, Mathias