Am 21.02.2017 um 17:01 schrieb Greg Kashuba:
I got an updated newer Mac Book Pro and loaded my prior computer software and
configurations from the older one. One thing that did not transfer was Office
for Mac which I got thru my employer GEICO at a substantial discount. I don’t
use the program much but when I do, I save all my doc’s in .pdf format. Can I
save doc’s written on openoffice as .pdf’s?

sure. You just need to load the document, click on the PDF icon in the top toolbar - left to the printer icon. Or go via menu "File - Export as PDF".

HTH

Marcus