Thank you!

But as I understand it, the SVN tag is done after the (last) RC is
promoted to be final. (That is the point where we know the Revision to
checkout). So it should be further down in the documentation.

ah, yes, please see my answer to Andrea's mail.

A little story:

Until recently "heise Download" [1] offered only AOO 4.1.2.
Andrea did the SVN tag on Saturday, 8. April. On Monday, 10. April heise
updated their page to AOO 4.1.3.
So I think, they monitor the tags either on GitHub or SVN to see if a
new version is available.

[1] https://www.heise.de/download/product/openoffice-9375

Then I really hope they have learned from this error. Sure, Apache software is in the very most cases the source code itself and not the binaries - when there are any at all. But for OpenOffice it's different. They should know us long enough to know this difference.

PS:
It's never forbidden to ask for facts. ;-)

Marcus