Hello,

> From: Raphael Bircher [mailto:rbircherapa...@gmail.com]

> Apache OpenOffice NG stands for New Generation. I know, this
> thread is
> difficult. Just sit down, relax and read it. This is just a
> brainstorm. We
> don't talk now if it's possible or not.
>
> What would happened if we drop the product but not the
> project? Drop the
> binaries and just doing source Release. The idea is to hand
> over the final
> products (can be a variety of products) to third party organizations
> (Companies, whatever). The Project remains open to provide a common
> codebase.
>
> I know, this is a complete different way. At first i said:
> "NO, NEVER",
> but if I start thinking a bit longer I also see the big chances in.

Everything you propose can be done today, there is no need for a separate
decision.

Your mistake is (imho) to believe that a decision from us would automatically
increase the interest of third party organizations.

> Maybe we should say goodbye to the idea of the one big office
> suite who
> try to serve all the peoples needs and start to think in
> direction of
> smaller office tools who are customized for a User Group.

I do not read the word "cloud", but I am afraid that is meant.

In this case, I say: I need, even in the future, a _desktop_ office. For me this
is a question of security, because in today's reality, the cloud is only safe
until the next hacker attack.

Greetings,
Jörg