On 5/20/2017 9:07 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
Hi all

Am .05.2017, 16:32 Uhr, schrieb esh1907 <esh1...@gmail.com>:

Maybe we should try to locate and convince people who used to work during
Star and Sun Microsystems to rejoin the project?

I think this is the wrong way to go. We can't get the good old time
back. What we need is fresh business blood. Not companies who use
OpenOffice, Companies who help develop the project. Without this we will
face a slow dead. A project in this size need professional developers.

But companies don't com just to put money in, they want something back
(normally). SUN and IBM was a big exception. The point is, we are not
attractive for Companies at the moment. There is no room to make money.
We should start getting attractive for companies.

We may need both. If a company got interested in AOO today, they would be presented with the same problem as I'm fighting: a large, complicated body of code that seems to have been modified by separate departments - just because I find out how something works in writer, it does not mean I know how it works in calc.

A retired Sun or StarOffice person who understands how the code is put together could save me a lot of time. My current low level objective is to find where to put a break point to intercept a double click on OLE substitute text. A few minutes of e-mail response from someone who knows, or knows how to find out, might save me hours or days. The same would apply to the professional developers you want.