Graeme Borthwick wrote:

I keep getting Emails from   dev@openoffice.org  ....this one  from  Andy Brown
  another from Oliver-Rainer Wittman  still another from Rob Weir.

My name is Graeme Borthwick, I live in Alicante in Spain and I am retired.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Hi Graeme,

The reason your receiving these messages is because your email address is listed as subscribed to a mailing list for OpenOffice.org. The only one that can remove the address is you. Send an email to dev-unsubscr...@openoffice.org . You do not have to enter a subject or a message as they are ignored. You will receive a message back that you need to reply to. Then you will receive a "Good by" message and the process is complete.

Andy