I'm writing the documentation for math/array, and the examples all fail. Here's a simple one:

  @examples[#:eval untyped-eval
                   (array [0 1 2 3])]

The evaluator raises this error:

  application: not a procedure;
   expected a procedure that can be applied to arguments
    given: 0
    arguments...:
     1
     2
     3

The problem here is that the `array' macro is sensitive to square brackets, but Scribble doesn't preserve the 'paren-shape syntax property. (Either that, or `examples' only sends lists to the evaluator, not syntax.) So (array [0 1 2 3]) gets evaluated as (array (0 1 2 3)), which looks like a zero-dimensional array containing (0 1 2 3), which is an application of the value `0'. Bad.

I know this can work just fine; for example, this does the expected thing in the REPL:

  > (eval #'(require math))
  > (eval #'(array [0 1 2 3]))
  (array [0 1 2 3])

Is there a way to get Scribble to behave like I expect?

Neil ⊥
 Racket Developers list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev