Matthias, when you say "At some point TR will move on," what do you mean by
that? I, for one, would like to see TR more tightly integrated with regular
racket a la progressive types, rather than branching off into its own arena.

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015, Matthias Felleisen <matth...@ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> At some point TR will move on, and perhaps the time has come.
>

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 12:06 PM, Vincent St-Amour <stamo...@ccs.neu.edu
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > I don't think we should add functions to TR that are not in Racket and
> > that are not clearly type-related (e.g., `cast`).
> >
> > I also like Jens's solution better. Education vs crutches.
> >
> > Vincent
> >

> > At Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:39:16 -0500,
> > Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> >>

> >> I'd add them to Typed Racket. That's what Haskellians are most likely
> to explore and when they find them, it's a good thing (tm). -- Matthias

> have a (zip ...) function in racket/list that would be equivalent to (map
> list ...). Users coming from a Haskell background might even find it useful
> to have a zip-with function that is simply an alias for map. Admittedly,
> these are rather trivial, but (especially in the first case) I think they’d
> still be useful.

> “batteries included” approach seems to make functions like these prime
> candidates for libraries like racket/list. As long as they’re not in
> racket/base, they seem fairly harmless, especially considering they would
> only be needed at compile-time.

> that the libraries are mostly sufficient as-is?

> <javascript:;>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-dev/5D941DB1-8A55-4A41-98A2-A3BE1BFE6D40%40gmail.com
> .
> >>
> >> --