Hi rashi,

On Friday, 2010-06-04 14:10:31 +0300, rashi dhing wrote:

> Hi Eike, Could you tell me why modifying the spreadsheet while  interpreting
> a function is not the right approach

That could modify cells that are still to be interpreted, even for the
same formula the modifying function is part of, or cells that were
already interpreted for some formula but then would deliver a different
result in another step. It's like biting the hand that feeds you..

> and what is the workaround or the right approach ?

See Niklas' answer about returning an array.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412