Hi Carsten

I fully agree with the intention of your email.

As a convention for service users, would it make sense to use the
bundle-symbolic-name as the user-ID (or principal-name)? If we can
detect the class name of the service that's creating the
Session/ResourceResolver, we could even use the fully qualified
classname. Not sure that there is a way other than inspecting the call
stack, however.

IIUC the service user mapping is only one part of the story. The other
part are the permissions required by a service user. I suppose
permissions are also a kind of configuration? So how would we go about
having a working default permission setup? Without that, a convention
for service users becomes kind of pointless. Or am I missing
something?

Regards
Julian