It would be good if someone from Adobe could confirm, but the sub package
handling is different (sorry, not the dependency handling as being mentioned
earlier).

- In Sling the transform(...) uploads the package and returns only one
TransformationResult. That is then processed by the Install or UninstallTask
(by completely installing the package including all sub packages)
- In AEM (Adobe Granite Installer for Content Packages v1.0.10) the transform
calls uploads and the extractSubpackages to create (recursively)
TransformationResults for all packages (even the nested ones). Each InstallTask
then only install that one package (without any embedded packages).

The latter seems better (for some reasoning look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRVLT-140).
I kind of hoped that someone from Adobe would be able to donate that code as
well.

Thanks,
Konrad