On 10/05/17 10:32, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 10/05/2017 à 10:39, Mark Thomas a écrit :
>
>> I think you might just have made Chuck's day with this commit.
>
> Norris? :)

:)

Caldarale

> Sorry for the noise, I noticed that you were often removing
> these parentheses when modifying the code, so I thought it would be a
> good idea to remove them once and for all.

No need to apologise. Doing that had been on my wish list for a long
time but I hadn't found an easy way to do it. What it you use? Regexp?

> Now I wonder if this should be applied to the 7/8/8.5 branches to avoid
> conflicts when backporting changes.

+1

I'm not very good at doing it myself but my experience of it is that
back-porting code clean-up (i.e. non-functional changes) is worth doing
for exactly that reason.