On 24/11/2016 20:41, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2016-11-24 um 17:40 schrieb Sergiu Dumitriu:
On 11/24/2016 02:29 AM, Claude Brisson wrote:
6. I consider 435 to 441 being inconsisting to their counterpart 420
to 423.

Oh, you're speaking about line numbers in ConversionUtils.java... why is
it inconsistent? When we're speaking about date only, there is no
timezone or separator involved, so it's the same format.

Not necessarily, depends on what you mean by "date only". If I'm talking
with someone on the other side of the dateline, and ask him what _date_
is now, he'll answer something different than what I know is the date.

With the current code, the same date could be printed inconsistently as:

2001-02-03
2001-02-02T23:05:06-05:00

So, if by date we mean "date in Greenwich", then yes, the two formats
are the same, but if we mean "local date", then it depends on where
"local" is.

Exactly, users always expects that everything is normalized to their timezone. A very bad example for this is Git command line. By default it shows the commit datetime with the timezone offset of the committer/author, doing "git log" on Maven master gives me six different offsets, WTF! Impossible to read w/o changing to 'iso-local'.

If we want dates to be timezone agnostic, then we must explicitly set
the timezone offset to 0.

Exactly!

You're definitely right, we need to take it into account.

  Claude