Hi folks,

based on VELOCITY-878 I am confused why this shading approach has been taken?

1. Commons Lang 3: I see no benefit in shading it at all, if you check the shaded JAR, a huge amount of classes are shaded. Moreover, Commons Lang is so popular that most projects will include it in their POM anyway, resulting in duplication. At last, Velocity uses Maven after all where dependency management is a snap. 2. Commons Collections: As far as I can see, ExtendedProperties have been moved to Commons Configuration. ExtProperties has been added. Why not remove old code completely? This is pefectly fine for a major release.

Michael