I think it is an Eclipse caching issue. Is restarting Eclipse the same as emptying its cache? It may have a persistent cache.

I found two references to "ResourceLoader2" that have been forgotten in comments, but they are totally harmless and don't make a new RC necessary, IMO. The deprecated tag clearly comes from a previous RC.

  Claude

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [ANNOUNCE] Velocity Engine 2.0 RC5 test build available
Date:   Wed, 4 Jan 2017 11:59:36 +0000
From:   Greg Huber <gregh3...@gmail.com>
To:     Claude Brisson <cla...@renegat.net>

It seems to be in the text hover (eclipse) I checked the source but could not find the reference. There was a ref in ResourceLoader.resourceExists but not the below :

*Deprecated.*/- use|ResourceLoader2|/

This is abstract class the all text resource loaders should extend.

Version:
   $Id: ResourceLoader.java 1753137 2016-07-17 23:33:09Z cbrisson $
Author:
   Jason van Zyl <mailto:jvan...@apache.org>
   Geir Magnusson Jr. <mailto:ge...@optonline.net>

I restarted eclipse also which did not fix it.  Maybe its in the .jar?

It was not marked @depreciated so I reverted back to ResourceLoader which works great for me.

Cheers Greg