Am 2017-04-09 um 01:19 schrieb Claude Brisson:
A new test build of Velocity Engine 2.0 is available (RC7).

No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of
Velocity Engine 2.0 has been made, and at this time it is simply a "test
build". We welcome any comments you may have, and will take all feedback
into account if a quality vote is called for this build.

Release notes:

*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/release-notes.html

 * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/

Maven 2 staging repository:

 *
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevelocity-1018/

A vote regarding the quality of this test build will be initiated within
the next couple of days.

Release Candidates changelog:

  RC1: initial candidate
  RC2: bugfixes
  RC3: review SLF4J Logger names (instead of a single logger named
"Velocity", have a hierarchy of loggers with a base of
'org.apache.velocity')
  RC4: minor fixes
  RC5:
   * the default encoding is now UTF-8 (and not the platform default)
   * commons-collections is not any more a compilation dependency
   * commons-lang3 dependency is not any more shaded
   * the configuration API doesn't reference ExtProperties
   * the events API has been optimized and reviewed: all events do
receive the current Context
   * there has been a few optimizations in ASTStringLiteral rendering
  RC6: mostly code cleaning and build process optimization ; assembly
module has been dropped
  RC7: still a lot of core cleanups and reviews, plus:
   * new strategy for reference boolean evaluation
   * allow expressions inside [ ] : $foo[$bar + 1]

Checked the entire diff at GitHub: looks good to me, nothing to complain.

Great work, Claude!

Michael