Great job.
I have two questions.

We depend also on velocity tools and was not released together with velocity
2.0.
What is the estimated release for velocity tools 3.0?

Spring deprecated the support for velocity giving upstream projects the
responsibility for integration with Spring.
Is there any plan regarding taking over spring support? Existing solution
(Spring 4.3) no longer works using velocity 2.0.
Something similar to the way thymeleaf is doing it currently. Bonus could be
support for spring boot in a form of spring-boot-starter-velocity.

Is it possible/acceptable to take the existing code from Spring and drop it
into Velocity (Tools?) and adding support for 2.0?
I can prepare the initial library for 2.0 since I have already changed it a bit
to accomodate for 2.0 changes (without spring boot autoconfig).
Licenses are both Apache 2.0. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Matej

Matej Spiller Muys
Razvojni arhitekt/Software Architect