Citando Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Asif Ali wrote:
> >
> > hello all,
> > i am new to this mailing list, i want to know if
> > anybody's working on multi-bearer box architecture or
> > there are any plans as it was identified as one of the
> > key performance bottleneck issues, also the
> > persistance of message streams as they pass through
> > bearer box.
>
> hmm, I had that discussion with Alex from Centrium. They run an "one
> bearerbox per smsc link" architecture. It is definetly more
> performative if you get rid of all the required routing inside
> bearerbox if you use a bunch of smsc links inside one bearerbox, but
> it's more of theoretical interest.
>
> We run over 80 links in one bearerbox and fully stable.
>
> BTW, the performance bottle-neck will be of significanse when you get
> beyond 400 Msg/sec. (!) in MT/MO traffic, which I honestly don't
> expect you to have ;)

We have only one bearerbox and one smsbox for 16 connections and alot of
messages per day, and sometimes I'm scared when I enable a 50msg/sec on one of
those connections for doing mass "spam" but then, while I'm sending them, I'm
watching and testing the other connections and kannel works like a charm.

Please note that usually I use post-xml to enable me to send like 10k
destinations at one time, and thus have smsbox processing a xml post with
350KBytes, have the xml processing overhead, and have one smsbox thread creating
that many messages in queue.
What I mean it's might be a bigger peak processing than having 10k GET's and it
works perfectly

--
Davi / Bruno.Rodrigues<at>Litux.Org
Litux.org: 13:27:05 up 88 days, 14:42,  2 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.15, 0.09