Hi Srinivasa,

Srinivasa Rao Munagala wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am trying to configure the kannel gateway.
> I was able to configure the kannel gateway with dlr-db
> as mysql.
> There are no panics when the gateway is started using
> ./bearerbox confile.
>
> Problem
>
> when i am sending fake smsc i am getting reply from
> the kannel gateway.
> But the data related to fake sms is not stored in
> Mysql database.
> Please can one help me to configure the kannel to
> store the sms data into mysql server database.

I guess you didn't get the point.

The dlr-db group defines where to store (in your case the mysql db)
the temporary DLR (delivery report) data, *not* the sms data itself!

So when you fire out an SMS to an *real* SMSC and you want them to
reply with a receive report you have to store that temporary data
somewhere, either in memory or in the mysql db.

So you mistaked by two ways:

1. Assuming that the fakesmsc would deliver DLRs, which it does not,
AFAIK.
2. Assuming that the dlr-db group stores the messages into the db.

If you want to store messages into your mysql db, then this should be
out of scope of Kannel. Hence for MO messages smsbox is sending them
to an HTTP server. Let the HTTP server do the storing of the SMS to
your mysql db.

Another suggested approach would be: (list, please thread this as
proposal ;)

Implement an 'msg-db' group that defines the fields of an SMS entry
and a 'store-db' action in the 'sms-servce' group to tell smsbox to
which db id to store an MO'ed message.

So you'd get something like this:

  group = msg-id
  id = msg_store
  table = messages
  field-source = source_address
  field-destination = destination_address

  group = sms-service
  keyword = default
  store-db = msg_store
  max-messages = 0

This would allow you to store all incoming messages to the mysql table
without replying to them directy.

You could even extend the beast by implementing a read thread that
queues in an "outgoing" messsages table and sends those to bearerbox
for MT transport.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG