Hello All,

Kannel does not give expected status codes when an smsc is down, stopped or
removed.

Here is what I did.
1) I ran smsc-stop command :
lynx -dump "
http://localhost:13000/stop-smsc?password=admin-password&smsc=smsc-name";

2)Then i tried sending SMS and it gave me

202 Accepted status from Kannel

3) In the bearer box it gave :
WARNING: Cannot find SMSCConn for message to <27800.......>, rejected.
2015-09-09 15:38:42 [20697] [13] DEBUG: SMSC[UNKNOWN]: creating DLR message
2015-09-09 15:38:42 [20697] [13] WARNING: Message rejected by bearerbox, no
router!

Then tried smsc-remove command
  lynx -dump "
http://localhost:13000/remove-smsc?password=admin-password&smsc=smsc-name";

and sent message.

According to Kannel
Kannel svn-r5114 User's Guide.

http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html#AEN910

I should have got -  202 3: Queued for later delivery

but I got 202 Accepted status with the same error in the bearerbox

After that I tried removing confirguration for the smsc from directory that
Kannel looks for from the include statement and restarted kannel and sent
SMS

Even after that i got the same results 202 Accepted status from Kannel and
error in bearerbox.

Kannel should not give Accepted status if that SMSC is stopped, removed or
does not exist but Kannel accepts it and rejects the message in bearerbox.
If Kannel will not respond with any other status then no one can find out
that messages were not sent and smsc was down or does not exist.

Here is my redmine link
https://redmine.kannel.org/issues/744

Please look into this issue.

Regards