We are facing a case with the smpp smsc where throughput is set to 20.

Kannel obeys this nicely, according to it's own message count.

But viewing a tcpdump of the same session, we see that there's a lot more
messages going out the pipe; like 30 or more.

So Kannel doesn't seem to count the throughput correctly. This causes
throttling errors, which of course we don't want. It stalls the throughput
of the entire batch.

The questions:

1: Has anybody seen this behaviour before?

2: When is a message "counted" for? Is it upon sending a submit_sm or when
receiving the submit_sm_resp?

== Rene