Rodolfo D. Arce S. wrote:
> The serial number was correct, so that wasn't the issue.
>
> I tryed the patch that you sended and worked perfectly..
>
> would you be so kind as to explain what it did, i'm not so good with
> forth (yet), or perhaps if you could tell where to read about it

The patch works around a bug in the new enable-security confirmation
code, which obviously didn't get tested very well (or perhaps at all; my
excuse is that this requirement appeared out of the blue while I was
going crazy with another task).

As background, you can look at the implementation of "enable-security"
by typing:

  ok see enable-security

The problem is that the word "-null" should appear just before
"safe-parse-word".  The patch corrects that.  Here's how the patch works:

  ok : nx -null safe-parse-word ;

": nx" creates a new word (Forth commands are called "words") named
"nx".  The actual name isn't important; I just pulled the name "nx" out
of the air.  The behavior of the new word "nx" is to call the existing
words "-null" and then "safe-parse-word".  The ";" terminates the
definition of the new word.

  ok patch nx safe-parse-word enable-security

The "patch" command substitutes "nx" for the existing call to
"safe-parse-word" inside the existing word "enable-security".  So after
you do the patch, if you say "see enable-security", you would see a call
to "nx" where the call to "safe-parse-word" used to be.

Since "nx" calls "-null" and then calls "safe-parse-word", the desired
effect of "inserting" the missing "-null" into the existing definition
is accomplished.

For a tutorial on Forth and the many things it can do, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Forth_Lessons .