From: Laurent Etiemble <laurent.etiem...@monobjc.net>
To: devel@lists.monobjc.net
Sent: Thu, July 21, 2011 7:55:39 AM
Subject: Re: [devel@lists.monobjc.net] iPhone / iPad ?

Hello,

There are several points before running Monobjc on an iOS device:
- Getting Mono to build and run on iOS (feasible with the right switches)
- Getting the native part of Monobjc to build and run on iOS (one caveat is
libFFI, but is seems that there is now a support for iOS devices)
- Be able to link and shrink all the assemblies so the IL code is the smallest
one (this is the hardest part)
- Wrapping everything into an executable (this looks like the embedding done on
the Mac), and link statically with Mono.

IMHO, the tooling part is the one that requires the heavy work. In addition,
the
last time I took a look, a license was needed to use the static linking of Mono.

Regards, Laurent Etiemble.

I was wondering if it's possible to wrap the iOS SDK framework in monoobjc.