On Mon, Oct 31, 2005, Alex Judd wrote:
> The work around is to compile Kannel with extra CFlash of -fPIC and then
> reinstall, recompile MBuni and then it works fine.

 Ok, I'm happy that solved it.  Kannel should simply default to doing
 that, and it's a bug if it doesn't.  I must add I've noticed a horrible
 behavior with the gw-config script in Debian:
    bee% gw-config --cflags
    -I/tmp/buildd/kannel-1.4.0/debian/tmp/usr/include/kannel
    -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -D_BSD_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2
    -I/usr/include -I'/usr/include/mysql'
 (this might be Debian specific)

> sh configure --prefix=/kannel_installation_directory --disable-ssl
> --with-cflags=-fPIC

 FYI, you can simply pass CFLAGS in the environment, for example:
    CFLAGS="-fPIC" ./configure

> On the automake/autoconf/bootstrap issue I think the only confusing thing
> there
> is that the INSTALL file still talks about using the `configure' shell script,
> which was what confused me. Might be happy to rewrite this - I'm more than
> happy to do it and re-submit to cvs if that helps

 That file is meant for distribution, using projects directly from CVS
 is often meant for developers, but that should solve itself with
 nightly tarballs.

   Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"What do we want? BRAINS!    When do we want it? BRAINS!"