Hi list,

I faced with the following issues while trying to test MM4 functionality:

1. If MMS is destined for delivery over MM4, MMS is added to the queue
(see mmcc/mmsglobalsender.c::mms_sendtoproxy()). However, in case
there was no client-level DLR, we never receive confirmation from MM4
proxy, hence queue files will stay forever.

I see two solutions for the problem - we should either check if there
was client side DLR, or implement handling of MM4 .RES responses and
put X-Mms-Ack-Request (since Rel-4) in every outgoing message which
would say MM4 proxy to send relevant confirmation response (i.e.
MM4_forward.RES).

2. In outgoing MM4 messages no local hostname (i.e.
mms.mnc002.mcc246.gprs) is appended to the sender address which
violates SMTP (sender addr. must contain FQDN). This is possible
enable in mmcc/mmsglobalsender.c::mms_sendtoproxy() which calls
mms_sendtoemail(), dunno why it's not yet enabled?

I'm also thinking that it would be feasible to introduce new config
parameter local-mm4-domain or similar for that purporse. We could
reuse hostname field from mbuni group for it, but this would extend
message IDs (since hostname is used included). The same problem
appears in recipient domain since currently host field of mmsproxy is
appended, but it most cases this is still feasible.

--
Dziugas