Hello, Deon,

initially you can take a look at following posts:

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@mbuni.org/msg00207.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@mbuni.org/msg00095.html

There is no doubt that good MMSC should not only rely on uaprof only
since sometimes they are missing and sometimes they are buggy. For
open source projects WURLF seems to be the only alternative to serve
as a centralized capabilities database, although it has some
disadvantages, especially performance issues (it's XML is still
growing, right?). Of course one could already employ wurfl.xml 2 sql
or other solutions.

So I my opinion it could and has to be integrated with mbuni. We have
only to decide which interface (i.e. external HTTP, WAP PUSH ccq,
WURLF's C++ API) we will go with.

On 5/16/06, Deon van der Merwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Paul pointed me to the devel list with an idea that I have...  The
> discussion started after seeing that some Motorola phones (V3i) does
> not include the x-wap-profile HTTP header.  From the spec's it turned
> out that this header is not madatory (to my great surprise!).
>
> I am playing with a idea here:  does anyne else here know about the
> http://wurfl.sourceforge.net project?  They maintain a database (of
> sorts) that enables you to lookup the capabilities of a device using
> the user-agent header.
>
> Would you be open to a HTTP interface in mbuni that, if configured,
> will make a HTTP (get/post) to a configured URL with the user-agent as
> parameter.
> This external service will then return a profile for the device.  Maybe this
> external can make use of the WURFL database to create a response for
> mbuni to use (when no wap-profile is provided).
>
> I am able to the external service (Java based...), but not the mbuni
> side of things.
>
> Any comments/other ideas?

Dziugas