Sorry I also meant to ask if I have a temp table and use SQL commands like
sum and count is there still any benefits or actually this is the same as
using a while select?

Thanks

From: James Flavell [mailto:djf1...@gmail.com]
Sent: 31 July 2010 13:06
To: 'development-axapta@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: temp table in AX2009

Hi everyone once again

Can someone tell me for temp tables in AX2009 are they for sure always
created/stored and processed on the AOS server?

Supposedly http://www.axaptapedia.com/Temporary_tables says the temp table
is put on the hard disk of server or client based on where the first record
is inserted.

In AX2009 I assume all code is executed on the server but am not 100% . I am
thinking the code in a form might well be executed on the client and hence
my temp table end up on the client!???

My specific situation is to do with Arrival Overview form that populates
some temp tables.

Is there any way I can check or test where the temp table is being created?

Thanks as ever

James