On 10/27/05 18:05, Sean Heber wrote:
On Oct 27, 2005, at 11:43 AM, Frank Wales wrote:

Perhaps because I'm an only child, I'm in the odd habit of holding
a conversation with myself when working on a problem, in which I
play both sides of the "I don't understand why this doesn't work"/
"Well, that clearly can't work because of *this*" discussion.

Whew. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. :-)

Frank: "Welcome to this meeting of self-talkers anonymous. Why don't we
       let the newcomer introduce himself? First names only, now."
Frank: "Er, yes. My name is 'Frank', and I talk to myself."
Frank: "Hello, Frank, nice to meet you."
Frank: "Hey, Frank."
Frank: "Just before we start, does anyone know where the bathroom is?"
Frank: "You're not just looking for a mirror, are you?  You know the rules."
Frank: "Er..."
Frank: "It's okay, Frank, it's why I'm all here."
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]